Cramb, John (and James)
Active 1855 – 77
Stonebyres Fall on the Clyde, Cramb, c.1858
John Cramb was a town councillor in Helensburgh, with a photographic studio in Glasgow in partnership with his brother James. He first exhibited some collodion portraits and a daguerrotype in 1855 at the British Association in Glasgow. Over 100 of his stereoviews were exhibited in 1858 at the Photographic Society of Scotland in Edinburgh, including Scottish Scenery, Views in Glasgow, London and Paris, Land of Burns, and Statuary in London. Some were housed in rotary viewers. His views sometimes have a blindstamp “J. Cramb – Photographer to the Queen” and/or a small yellow label on the rear.