BROWN Collier J.

Brown, collier joseph

macduff

The Browns were a photography family. The father Robert Brown (1835 – 1898) had a studio at Inverurie, Aberdeenshire from 1867. Eldest son Andrew (1861? – 1904?) had studios at 15 Vicar Street, Falkirk from 1889 -1896, this address is associated with all his stereoviews seen to date. He later moved to Aberdeen and took over GW Wilson’s studio at 25 Crown Court from 1897 – 1900, finally moving to Argyll Studio in Campbelltown, 1901-1904. His younger brother, Joseph Collier Brown (1863 – 1948), may have managed a studio in Macduff for Andrew from 1891 – 1895 before taking  over in his own name from 1896 – 1899. JC then took over the Falkirk studio at 15 Vicars Road from 1900 – 1907 then 39a Vicars Road from 1911 – 1914+.