George Washington Wilson and John Hay
19 Sept 1853 – January 1855
James Cassie, RSA, Wilson & Hay, 1854
George Washington Wilson formed a short-lived partnership with John Hay in September 1853, They first exhibited stereoviews in December 1853 at the Aberdeen Mechanics’ Institution Photographic Exhibition, where they one a bronze medal for a portrait and a silver medal for the overall quality of their submissions. A commission to photograph the construction of Balmoral led to a long royal association for Wilson. The partnership was dissolved in January 1855 when the Hay family business ran into financial problems..